It’s August! And even though the autumnal equinox isn’t for another 7ish weeks, I’m (as usual) ready to bid adieu to summer. Bring on the sweaters, boots, and scarves, cooler weather, and football season!
But, while we’re waiting for fall, here are some of my summer finds that I’m loving right now:
- the Great British Bake Off (actually in the States I think it’s the Great British Baking Show). I’m 100% sure I have told y’all about this before but a new season is currently running AND I think you can stream all the episodes from PBS online. The season is almost over, but go do yourself a favor a binge-watch it. If you’re like me, it will inspire you to want to bake new and exciting things that you’ve never even heard of until watching the show (e.g. frangipane, which I made last weekend in a tart and it was delicious). Honorable mention for shows I’m obsessed with is Outrageous Acts of Science. My sister recommended it to me recently and while I’ve only watched one episode, my DVR is set to record all the episodes because the nerd in me loves a bunch of scientists and mathematicians figuring out if internet videos are real or fake.
- Our bedroom makeover courtesy of Crane and Canopy. I am a sucker for pretty packaging/personalized details so when I received my package and it included a personal note and a lavender sachet I was already pleased with my purchase:
I like the extra color in the room; apartment living is lame because you can’t really paint the walls so you get stuck with cheap beige, so using the painting and a new duvet set definitely cheers the room up.
- This leather wrap bracelet from Magnolia Market. Unfortunately, it appears that this bracelet isn’t in stock any more but there are several really cute leather bracelets to choose between. I love love love Chip and Joanna Gaines and Fixer Upper. I love Jo’s style and decorating tastes and this bracelet has become a summer staple for me.
- Iron Man nail wraps. These are awesome. I think that’s all I need to say about that.
- A few new no-fuss recipes that I’ve tried recently and will make again: these peanut butter chocolate cookies (which I made in bar form in a 9 x 13 pan and they turned out great), this recipe for garlic Parmesan chicken, and this cheesy bacon tater tot chicken Crock Pot meal (it has bacon. and tater tots. that’s really all you need to know about that, isn’t it?).
Bonus! I’m also <heart eyes emoji> loving these socks I found for Penny that kind of look like ghillies…maybe I’ll have a little Scottish dancer someday 🙂
Hope everyone has a fantastic Friday!