This is 38 weeks

This is 38 weeks

The nursery is ready. The car seat is installed. I’m officially on leave from work. We’re about as ready as we can be, so I’m pretty much fine with the Wee One showing up any day now. But if she’s like her parents, she will be stubborn and probably will make me go to my due date waiting on her.

So in the meantime, this is what my life looks like right now. The glider lives in the family room now because it’s comfortable and easy to get in and out of. To fill in my hours, I spend time watching TV, reading or playing on my iPad, coloring, and taking walks. My current sweet cravings are Sweetart jelly beans and bunny gummies; thanks Target for bringing in Easter candy the day after Valentine’s Day.

The blood pressure cuff is a fun story…So on Thursday, I had my normal appointment with my OB. They’ve gotten in the habit of taking my blood pressure at the end of my appointment because it normally is a little bit better than when they take it first. I have White Coat Syndrome and I dare anyone to argue with me that that’s not a real thing. I get so nervous going to see the doctor, that it is always higher than they’d like it to be. But this time, it was too high for them to ignore. So I got sent to the hospital, where they put me in a triage room, hooked me up to a bunch of monitors and told me to relax, hoping to see my blood pressure go down. Because, you know, sitting me in a hospital bed with a bunch of monitors and drawing my blood and checking my reflexes and using the word “preeclampsia” is a great way to get me to relax….so three hours later, they decided I did not have preeclampsia (praise the Lord) but they still weren’t sure if I had gestational hypertension or not. They let me go home on the condition that I would go get a cuff, monitor my blood pressure twice a day and call on Monday if I got readings consistently over a certain value. At home, my blood pressure is definitely better, but every time we go to check it, I still get anxious because I’m worried that it will be too high and that I’ll have to go in to the hospital again or be induced early or something like that. At any rate, the whole time, the Wee One has been fine, so I’m most grateful for that. So I guess I’ve got interesting stories to tell herΒ someday about waiting for her to arrive. My OB has been okay with my blood pressure so far, so for now, no extra trips in to see her or to the hospital, which helps keep me calm knowing that both of us are probably just fine.

Keep us in your prayers that this mama stays calm and that the little one is a happy healthy baby when she gets here!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s