This has absolutely nothing to do with anything, other than the fact that this article made me giggle, especially when reading such priceless quotes as “We found that the goats led all the mutinies.” Also I was really struggling this morning to come up with any kind of creative title.
This happened, on accident, this week (it was a rough Wednesday):
I’m somehow putting some blame on my husband who freaks out if I roll his socks together when I fold laundry. He likes them matched up, but apparently rolling stretches the elastic out. Consequently, I also have stopped rolling my socks together when I fold the laundry because I’m in the habit of not doing it now. So I think DQ’s partly to blame because if my socks were rolled together, maybe I wouldn’t accidentally grab two very similar, but definitely not the same socks out of my drawer. Though I feel like I get some points since they at least both have gargoyle (okay, it’s argyle, but in my house, we call it gargoyle) pattern on them, right?
According to the internet, today is National Pie Day (not to be confused with Pi Day on 3/14) and I thought that was important for everyone to know so you can celebrate.
Had enough randomness for the day? Okay focus, B, focus…
Well, I’ve already botched the whole “5 good things about the week” thing, haven’t I? Ooops. Although last week, mid week I did share a few things, so maybe we can count that, eh? I’m not saying that good things don’t happen every day (today I did not get hit by a bus, today neither of the cats have thrown up under the bed, etc), but sometimes the very mundane things are, well, mundane and nobody cares about that (really, I’m not sure why you even care about 99% of the pointless things I write, but thanks for reading anyway 🙂 ). So maybe I’ll let my original rule of 5 goods things about the week morph into, 5 random awesome things that happened, will happen, made me happy, are exciting etc…
1. The Blacklist comes back with new episodes in 9 days! And The Walking Dead starts back in 16 days. These are probably two of my favourite shows right now and I miss them. Although the downtime has given me time to binge-watch other shows (aka Elementary, although I finished the first season and now must figure out how to watch season two, since my dad let me borrow his copy of season one…).
2. I got a badge from FitBit this weekend. I’m kind of obsessed with my FitBit, but we have a love/hate relationship because some days I just want it to not push me to get up off my bum! But, if I don’t get my 10,000 steps, then I fall way behind in trying to keep up with my mom’s totals and I don’t get a little star for the day, which is just so depressing.
Anyway, I got this badge, which is a pretty random mile amount, but I guess it’s cool that if I had decided to walk the length of Italy, it would have taken me about 5 months to do so, since I started using my FitBit in August.
3. I just saw that Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinksi are going to be part of the Super Bowl pre-game show. If you didn’t listen/watch them during the last winter Olympics, this might not seem so exciting, but oh man, you missed out. They are hilarious. They’re judgey and brutally honest and were very entertaining as sports commentators. I don’t really know why they’ll be at the Super Bowl or what they will be doing, but now I’ve got something else to look forward to besides commercials (and maybe another Super Bowl win for my fave coach, Pete).
4. I was super productive this week in getting some much needed cleaning/reorganization done around the apartment, which made me feel pretty accomplished. I’m a little ahead of spring cleaning maybe, but it’s been kind of a slow week, so it seemed like a good time to tear the house apart to put it back together.
5. And finally, RUN, don’t walk, to your local Target. One of my friends (thanks, Ariel!) alerted me to the fact that Target now carries TIM TAMS!!!!!!! I can’t even begin to properly describe how exciting this is. Remember how DQ and I stocked up on Tim Tams because I had to eat all the Tim Tams? Well, after returning stateside, I tried to find somewhere to get these and found out that World Market will also carry these. But I am not conveniently located by a World Market, and though my love for Tim Tams is strong, my laziness apparently has won out all these months because I have yet to make it there to get some. But, Target? I go to Target all the time. And now I find out that I basically can always have Tim Tams on hand? I am seriously considering using my lunch break today to go to Target…Also, I’m pretty excited to try out the Tim Tam Slam because I never got around to trying it the first time we had them.
BONUS! Bad Lip Reading came out with a new BLR for NFL 2015. Check it out for a laugh.
Happy Friday, y’all!!