Happy Thanksgiving (a few days late)! Hopefully everyone had a lovely holiday enjoying good food and good friends/family.
Here are some things that I’m thankful for this year:
1. That we successfully cooked another turkey without it being dried out and gross like the Christmas dinner in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation.
2. That I survived another trip to see Cirque du Soleil (which felt even more “circusy” than the first time we went):
(Okay really we had a great time and, as usual, I was impressed by all the things the performers could do).
3. That we didn’t have to run our 10K this morning in the rain:
4. That I learned that it is possible to make my own boiled peanuts in California and they still taste pretty good (never mind that I spent 11$ to ship the right kind of peanuts to myself to be able to make them).
5. That Clemson FINALLY beat the Chickens this year.
6. And that I get to spend the 4-day weekend with my favorite person (and animals) 🙂
Okay, so maybe I have a lot more than those things for which I am thankful. Like good jobs, wonderful family, and all of God’s daily blessings (that list would take a long time to write out!).
Hoping you have a blessed Advent season as you prepare for Christmas!